Here's the story:
Around mid-August, I started experiencing some early symptoms. Moodiness, nausea, etc. I didn't think much about it, as I experience some of the same things most months right before my period. I was busy getting my classroom ready - which involved moving from one hallway to another. Despite all of the years I've been teaching, I still feel this rush of pressure to get everything done before school starts, and inevitably fall short. I didn't give much thought to being late, because of the stress.
A couple more weeks passed, and those pesky symptoms seemed to be hanging around, but I kept telling myself I would probably start "today or tomorrow." John and I had been trying off and on for around a year, without any success, so my morale about any baby possibilities was pretty low. Especially after hitting the dreaded 3-5 last year that officially made me old in the world of obstetrics. There were a couple of months that I was late, and really got my hopes up, only to be heartbroken. I wasn't really willing to venture down the "infertility" road. I still had a sliver of faith that if and when it was meant to happen, it would.
A couple more weeks passed, and those pesky symptoms seemed to be hanging around, but I kept telling myself I would probably start "today or tomorrow." John and I had been trying off and on for around a year, without any success, so my morale about any baby possibilities was pretty low. Especially after hitting the dreaded 3-5 last year that officially made me old in the world of obstetrics. There were a couple of months that I was late, and really got my hopes up, only to be heartbroken. I wasn't really willing to venture down the "infertility" road. I still had a sliver of faith that if and when it was meant to happen, it would.
So, I was already 2 weeks late before I even mentioned anything to John, and then in some sort of early-pregnancy emotional meltdown, also told my mom. I told myself that if we got to Labor Day weekend, which would mark 3 weeks late, I would take a test.
The weekend came, and John and I went out to the store for a few things, including a test. As soon as we got home, he wanted me to run right upstairs and take it. I was coming down with a cold, and I didn't want to disappoint him again, though, so I said I was going to take a nap and would do it later. When I woke up, he was downstairs with Kassie, so I went to the bathroom. The test turned positive almost immediately, and I could barely keep myself from screaming. Tears instantly formed, and I said "thank you, God" about a hundred times. When I finished up I *casually* went out and called John to come upstairs. As soon as he saw my face he knew, and we both started crying as he grabbed me in a huge bear hug. I kept telling him "this isn't how I wanted to tell you." I always had these cute ideas for how I wanted to tell my husband, but it just didn't happen.
We quickly agreed that we weren't going to say anything for a while. I especially wanted to tell our families in person (at least as much as possible). I wanted to do something cute and creative to tell our parents. Well, you know what they say about the best laid plans . . . Apparently Kassie had seen the test in the bag when we came home, and asked John about it, and he couldn't keep his mouth closed. I was worried about how fast the word might travel from the mouth of an indiscreet teenager, so we went to plan b. Throughout the weekend, we slowly told our families, and John's other daughter, Kaitie. My mom had the biggest reaction, by far, with an ear-piercing scream!! I would have loved to wait until we could tell everyone in person, but it was also fun to share when we were in the giddy excited stage, too.
Here's our proof!
I had to get another test, just to make sure the generic one wasn't "faulty."
So, the news is out there . . . we are having a baby. I'm due April 28, 2012.
Happy daddy-to-be!
Mommy-to-be, who was under the weather



1 comment:
wow congratulation for you..
Post a Comment