Another month has flown by! Our sweet girl is 2/3 of the way to 1 year old. She is such a sweet, sweet baby. She makes my dream of being a mommy even better than I ever imagined. Her little personality emerges more and more all the time, and I just enjoy every second with her. Her sweet smile just lights up the room, and she makes us laugh all the time with her funny little noises and gestures.
We haven't had too many changes since 8 months. Of course, she's making more new sounds and figuring things out all the time. We're pretty much on the same feeding and sleeping schedule as we have been for a little while. It's working pretty well. We have started experimenting with a few different table foods. I have tried a couple of the stage 3 baby food dinners that have more texture to them - little bits of pasta, etc., but she acts like they are gagging her. She might be like her mommy with food texture. She does fine when I give her something off my plate that needs chewing/mashing, but something about the baby food with "chunks" in it. I don't know that it's all that crucial to do the stage 3 foods. I'm sure she'll be ready to move past baby food soon.
Here are our 9 month highlights:
**She is mostly wearing 6 month and some 6-9 month clothes. She still has some 3-6 month things that fit, but if they are pants or have long sleeves, they're too short. She can still wear some dresses and stuff.
**We are starting to use up the rest of our size 2 diapers. I have found that Huggies seem to be a little bigger, so we're using all the Pampers, then Huggies, and then we'll move into size 3.
**We are using the same feeding schedule as last month. A big bottle in the morning and at bedtime and 3 small ones during the day. She also gets 3 meals of baby food.
**She is still a fantastic sleeper. We have had a few nights where she has woken up and cried, and we're not sure why - maybe teeth. On a regular night, though, she sleeps 10 hours or so, easily.
**One top tooth has broken through - the top left. We can see the top right one, but it hasn't come down yet.
**She is getting better at getting to what she wants. I have a feeling she'll really be crawling soon. She loves to pull up with our hands, but hasn't figured out how to pull up on something by herself yet.
**She loves to babble and make noises. When she does something that makes us laugh, she will keep doing it. She gets tickled so easily, and I love to listen to her laugh!
We absolutely love this sweet girl!! I can't wait to see what the next few months have in store.



No comments:
Post a Comment