Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, February 11, 2013

10 Months of Kinley

The time just keeps flying by!  We're already into another month, and getting even closer to the 1 year mark.  Kinley is an expert crawler now, and has learned to pull up on things.  Her babysitter is determined to get her walking, but I don't think it's going to come anytime soon.  There certainly isn't anything wrong with her, developmentally, but I just don't think she's going to be an early walker.  She's such a laid back baby, that I've never really expected her to do things early.

Kinley is mostly eating people food now.  We still use some baby food on occasion, but we're mostly just trying to use it up, and not buying any new stuff.  If we are eating something, and I'm hesitant to give it to her, I'll use baby food, but mostly I try to give her table food.  She's still getting about 20 ounces of formula a day, and drinks water from a cup.  We don't really intend on introducing juice right now, because I don't want that to be the only thing she'll drink.  She's just fine with water, so I'm sticking with it.  I've already started thinking about how we're going to wean off the bottle.  It makes me incredibly sad to think about it, but I also know that it's better to do it earlier rather than later.  We have a little bit of time left, though.

Here is a 10 month snapshot:

**She is wearing 6-9 month clothes.  Some of her 6 month things still fit just fine.  I finally packed away all of the 3-6 month and smaller 6 month stuff.  It's so hard for me to put things away that she only got to wear once or twice.  Maybe we'll have another little girl someday...
**We are in size 3 diapers.  They seem so HUGE on her, and I'm sure we'll be in this size for a while.  We got some nighttime diapers, and that has cured our leaking problems at night.
**Kinley is still a super sleeper!  I treasure having a baby that loves her sleep.  She will even sleep until 9:00 or so on the weekends.  LOVE!
**Her other top front tooth has been taking it's sweet time coming in.  The one next to the top left front tooth has come through, and another bottom one is on its way in.  No sign of any molars yet.
**She is crawling all over.  She has perfected her crawl, and really moves to get to things now.  It's a whole new world for her that she can get to things she wants.
**She is becoming more of a "talker" all the time.  She responds to things we say, and mimics a lot.  It's so fun to have "conversations" with her, especially on the way home in the afternoons.  She gets so excited when I get to Dora's house to pick her up.

Time just keeps flying by, and she's growing every day!





No comments: