Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Kinley's First Astros Game


Tonight, we went to an Astros game.  We haven't been in a couple of years, and this was Kinley's first time.  A couple of months back, I got an email at work that they were going to be having Klein ISD night at the Astros.  This year is our district's 75th anniversary, so they have been having a lot of special events.  One of the middle school choirs was going to sing the National Anthem, and the school board president was throwing out the first pitch.  When we decided to go, I asked Todd if he wanted to join us, and of course he said "yes."

Todd met us at the house, and brought Kinley some Astros attire.  We loaded up and headed downtown.  Since the Astros haven't been such a great team lately, parking was really cheap!  We decided not to bring the stroller, because I thought it would just be one more hassle.

We got in the park and took the escalator up.  The weather was beautiful, so the roof was open.  Unfortunately, our seats were right in the sun.  That night's giveaway was Astros umbrellas, but we hadn't gotten there quite early enough for that.  So, we spotted some seats around the 3rd base side that were in the shade.  It wasn't crowded at all, so we didn't feel too bad about moving.  It was the same pricing as the tickets we bought, just in the shade.  We sat in the front row of the upper deck, and had almost a completely empty row.  We spread out a little bit so that Kinley could walk back and forth between us.  She did a lot better than I expected her to.  She never really fussed, and just amused herself either in our laps, or walking back and forth between us.  She ate a hot dog, and made friends with all the people sitting around us.

The game was pretty much over by the end of the 3rd inning, but we stayed to watch anyway.  We enjoyed good ball park food at least.  We left after the 8th inning, because it was getting late, and I knew Kinley was getting tired.  It was good to get out and do something different, and I'm sure we'll probably go back again sometime this summer.














No comments: