Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day

Daddy with his baby girl before church

Today was John's first Father's Day with Kinley.  He has obviously celebrated many Father's Days before this, but I wanted this to be a special day for him with Kinley and I.  I was pretty impressed with how well I pulled off our morning!  I got up and made breakfast for us.  I almost had everything finished when Kinley started fussing upstairs.  John got up when he heard her and came down to see what I was doing.  So, we had breakfast together.  I even had time to clean everything up and get some eggs boiled to make tuna salad for lunch.  I showered, got Kinley bathed, clothed and fed, then got ready myself.  We were out the door for church right on time!
After church, we came home and had a light lunch, and then just relaxed for the afternoon.  Our budget was a little tight, so I told John I would cook him whatever he wanted for dinner, instead of going out.  He requested chicken and dumplings.  So, that's what we had for dinner.  It was a nice, relaxing day, and I'm glad we got to spend it all together.

Here is Kinley's card she gave her daddy.  She wasn't too crazy about making the handprints!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the handprints in the card idea! ~Aunt Rachel