Today we went to Elgin for Sarah's (my cousin) graduation party. We were excited for Kinley to get to meet a bunch of my family for the first time. Todd came with us, and he and I sat in the back so I could keep Kinley happy. She did fine on the way there. I made sure and fed her right before we left, and she slept pretty much the whole way, which is what I expected. She was starting to get hungry right as we got to Gary and Diane's house. Of course she got swept up by Gran as soon as we walked up to the house. Gran fed her a bottle, and then Sue gave her some pedialyte (she was still recovering from the stomach bug). Shortly after that, Gran took Kinley in to change her diaper. A few minutes later, she came out to get me, because Kinley was just screaming her head off. I thought it was just because she didn't like the diaper change (which is typical), but Gran hadn't even gotten to change it yet. She was screaming, and I couldn't get her to calm down at all. John, my mom and I all worried she sounded like she was in pain, and we were getting more concerned that we couldn't get her calmed down. I changed her diaper, and after about 15 or 20 minutes, finally got her to calm down enough that she fell asleep. I sat on the couch and held her while everyone had started eating. After my mom was finished eating she took Kinley, but I was pretty worried about her.
The rest of the afternoon, she was pretty fussy. She would fall asleep, but didn't really want to be passed around much. We managed to get a couple of pictures of her with Paw Paw (my grandpa) for the first time, but it was a rough afternoon. I really hoped it was just her getting over the stomach bug. We fed her again before we left, and she ate ok. Once we got in the car, she was ok for a little bit, and then started crying again. I was worried we were in for a long car ride of screaming, but she settled down after a few minutes, and slept the rest of the way back. She had a dirty diaper after we got home that was different from her normal ones, so I wondered if she was a little constipated from the change in formula.
Sunday, we switched Kinley back to her regular formula, a little at a time, and she seemed to do ok, so we just kept feeding her that. We'll see if she continues to be ok, or if we need to make more adjustments.
Meeting Paw Paw for the first time
4 Generations
No comments:
Post a Comment