Friday, August 9, 2013
San Antonio Zoo
Kinley and I drove to La Vernia last night. John is still in Florida, and my mom invited us to come out. Bob got Jason (Kathy's husband) a spot as a judge for their BBQ cook-off this weekend, so they are going to stay at my mom's house. My summer days are dwindling, so I decided to head out for one last trip.
This morning, Rachel and I made plans to meet up and take the girls to the zoo. Cory and Rachel have season passes to the zoo, and Emily knows it well. She definitely led the way. Sometimes it was hard to stop and get pictures because Emily wanted to keep moving. Kinley is really into puppies right now, so everything we saw was a "buppeeeeeeeeeee" (said with a squeal).
Like this:
This:
This:
And this:
Emily really wanted to go to the kid's area and play in the "river". I knew I would need to go wading with Kinley and I didn't mind, because it was hot and the cool water felt great! Both girls had a lot of fun playing in the inside kid area, and in the water.
After we finished up at the zoo, we decided to take the girls to ride the train. I knew Kinley was getting tired, but I thought it would be fun. She was a little fussy at first, but then just sat on my lap and leaned against me. If we had been on much longer, I'm pretty sure she would have crashed.
We decided to go get some lunch together. We weren't in the car more than about 3 minutes before Kinley crashed! I wasn't sure how she would be at lunch, since I had to wake her up, but she did just fine. We had a fun, busy day and both took a good nap once we got back to La Vernia!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment