Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I Found The Bliss


Everyone says the 2nd trimester is the best time of your pregnancy. I've finally discovered what everyone is talking about! It took a lot longer than 12 weeks to get over my everyday nausea. Not that there is anything saying that it will only last 12 weeks, but a lot of people, including my doctors, told me to hold on until about 12 weeks and it should get better. Once 12 weeks came and went, and I finally got Zofran, things started getting better. It really took until almost 20 weeks (halfway) before I wasn't nauseous on a daily basis. If genetics have anything to do with it, this may be what I'm destined for with any future pregnancy, because it's what happened to my mom. Although it can really get miserable to suddenly feel like you're about to lose the contents of your stomach, I don't really have any other symptoms to complain about. I have been feeling really good, although I get around a little slower than before. I haven't gained any weight, but my shape is definitely changing. Almost all of my pants still fit fine, but I'm starting to have issues with most of my shirts. My "baby belly" is sitting higher, and my shirts just don't seem to cover as well as they used to. At least I'm not in need of a whole new wardrobe at this point.
I can see why this is the good trimester. I have started feeling baby flutters, and that is exciting. The first time, I was laying on my side watching TV in our bedroom, and it was kind of like a rolling pin rolled across the inside of my stomach. Weird for sure, but so exciting. For now, it's mostly still just little flutters now and then, but I love it every time I feel it.
Below are pictures from my most recent ultrasound. I told the tech I wanted a good profile picture for our Christmas card, to which he replied that good pictures aren't up to him. As if on cue, our little munchkin decided not to be so cooperative. We got a decent picture, but not as good as I was hoping for. The baby was facing backwards, and refused to turn over. Of course!
Our baby at 19 weeks, 4 days
I cropped the picture for our Christmas card

No comments: