Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break

Spring Break came at just the right time for me! I really wanted to get the house good and clean, and finish getting ready for Kinley's arrival. Many times during the week, I found myself really thankful that I had been able to paint the nursery over the Christmas vacation. I am having a harder and harder time moving around with the baby belly, and I just can't imagine trying to paint and climb up and down the ladder at this stage.

Kassie spent the first half of spring break in La Vernia, so when John was at work, I had the house to myself. It was nice to have the freedom to do things when I wanted to. I kind of felt like I was doing everything in slow motion, though. It's amazing how much carrying another little person inside you can slow you down! Slowly, but surely, though, I got everything done. I just moved room by room through the house, and worked on what needed to be done. I did a lot of "deep cleaning" things that don't get done on a regular basis. I also started getting baby things ready. Many friends have told me that you never feel completely ready, no matter how much you do. My goal was to have a place for the baby to sleep when we get home from the hospital. We bought a bassinet for our bedroom and a pack -n- play for downstairs back in the fall. So, I wanted to at least get those things set up. I pretty much met all of my goals. The house will still need dusting and vacuuming, just because we have dogs and they stir things up in the air, but for the most part, we are all clean and ready for baby. Many people have commented that my "nesting" has taken over, but that's just kind of how I normally am. I always use breaks from school to clean house. It's a sickness I inherited from my mother!!

No comments: