Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 9, 2012

First Nap in the Crib

Today, Kinley took her first nap in her crib.  She is quickly outgrowing the bassinet.  She used to be this tiny little thing curled up at one end, and now she almost spans the whole length.  It has always been my plan to get her completely moved to her crib by the time I go back to work.  I know this is the natural progression of things, but I'm so sad that she's going to be moving out soon.  There are good things that come with it, too - mostly that she's sleeping through the night, but it's one more way of showing us she's growing up so fast.  I decided to start putting her in the crib for her afternoon nap every day, to start getting her used to it.  She looks so tiny in the middle of the crib, but I know all too soon there will be a day that she gets too big for this bed, too.  She took a pretty good nap, but not quite as long as usual.  I think she feels a little cozier in the bassinet, so I know it will just take time for her to get used to.

No comments: