Tonight was Kinley's first night to sleep in her crib. I knew that I wanted to get her sleeping in there by the time I went back to work. I didn't know if it would take her a little while to transition or not, so I wanted to give myself plenty of time. Plus, she has just outgrown the bassinet. I remember when we would lay her down at one end of it, and we could keep her Sleep Sheep down at the other end. Now, she takes up almost the whole length and there is no room for the sheep.
We got back from La Vernia late Tuesday night, and she was thrown way off, so I decided last night would be her last night in our room. John gave me a hard time about it, telling me I would never be ready to do it. He's right that it was hard for me, but I know it's what has to be done, and putting it off isn't going to make it easier.
Tonight, I gave her a bath and read her a couple of books. Then, I rocked her in her room until she was asleep. I put her down and she got comfy and continued snoozing. We will see how she does. Lately, she has been waking up sometime between 5:00 and 6:00, though she's not really ready to get up. We usually just put her pacifier back in her mouth and she sleeps until 7:00 or so.
Update 7/29/12:
Kinley has been doing great in her crib. We usually have to go in once in the early morning and put her pacifier in her mouth and she sleeps until it's time to wake up. Other than that, we haven't had any problems at all. She is such an easy baby!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment