This was probably our most low-key Valentine's Day John and I have ever had together. Neither one of us are huge Valentine's Day fanatics, but we do enjoy celebrating our relationship. Nothing could top 2008, when John proposed to me, but we have fun finding something to do together. For several reasons, this year, we just weren't up to going out to a crowded restaurant where we would probably have to wait (even with a reservation), especially on a Tuesday night. So, we made our own menu, and went shopping over the weekend. Our steaks marinated for almost 3 full days, so we knew they would be delicious!
We agreed that we weren't doing anything for each other, because our money could be better spent in other places right now. John is never one to adhere to any of these self-imposed rules, so I should have known better. I made him a cute little homemade Valentine, and he showed up at my doctor appointment with a beautiful bouquet of white roses and chocolate covered strawberries. He also gave me a gift card for an ultimate mani/pedi at my favorite nail place. I felt like quite the lame wife when I gave him his construction paper Valentine at home later!!
After we left the doctor, we came home and started dinner. On the menu: steak, bacon-wrapped shrimp and baked potatoes. I worked on the inside stuff while John fired up the grill. Everything was absolutely delicious! We ate in our dining room, to set it apart from just any other evening at home. I really couldn't have cared less that we didn't go to a nice restaurant and spend a small fortune. I was with the person I love most in this world, and that was enough for me!
My flowers - he knows white are my favorite kind of roses.



No comments:
Post a Comment