Today I had an appointment with Dr. Chatman, my high risk doctor. We always love going to these appointments, because we get to see our little munchkin on camera. John was running a little late, so I got to see a little more this time than he did. As is usual, our baby girl was not very forthcoming with her face. The tech takes measurements every time, and almost every time he has to mark both the face and the spine as "poorly seen." We always take this as a bad sign that she is uncooperative and stubborn (like her daddy), but I keep hoping that maybe she's just shy. I understand that she does not have the cognitive ability at this stage in her life to actually decide what she is going to do for the ultrasound, but it's pretty funny to watch her!
After the tech couldn't get a very good shot of her face, the doctor came in to try. It was so funny to watch it all play out on this big screen mounted on the wall. She was kind of curled up - literally in the fetal position. The more the doctor prodded her, the more she tucked her head down. At one point, John came over and pushed on my stomach, and she curled up so tight, it was impossible to see anything. We all laughed at that one. My doctor has a great personality, and always puts me at ease. It's fun to "gab" with her at my appointments.
One thing they're keeping an eye on is her stomach measurement is starting to get a little big in proportion to the rest of her. When Dr. Chatman brought this to our attention, I immediately felt guilty, and asked what I could do differently. I still haven't gained any weight - in fact I had lost 2 pounds at this appointment, but I still felt like there was something I was doing wrong. She told me not to worry, and there's nothing I'm doing wrong, they just want to keep an eye on it. She said the only concern is that she could get too big in her upper body for delivery. She is still measuring within normal range. Her femur always measures pretty long, so maybe she'll be tall to even out her tummy a little bit. I do know that no matter what, we can't wait to snuggle that little jellybean in a couple of months!

This is the best shot we got of her face today





No comments:
Post a Comment