Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Baby Registry

We did our baby registry tonight. It was just as exhausting and overwhelming as I thought it might be. In hindsight, we maybe should have done things in the opposite order of what we did, but oh well. We started at Babies 'R Us. I have been in the store plenty of times, but usually it's to buy something for someone else. It's such an overwhelming place. On Facebook one day, I asked people to list their "must haves" when they had a baby. I have lots of friends with kids, so I knew they would give some good pointers. I also looked up some things in my Baby Bargains book, but there still is a lot to look at and think about. I'm sure we could have spent more time there, and been a little more thorough, but I was getting tired and hungry, and neither one of those things were going to make a pleasant shopping partner for John. I knew that I could always go in and tweak things online.

We stopped for a quick pizza dinner, and then went to Target. I double registered for some things. I know that Target is more accessible for people, and their prices on some things are a little cheaper. We maybe should have started at Target first, because their baby department is much more manageable. I think if we had done that, though, I definitely would have run out of steam faster at BRU. I did come home and look at some more things online. I figure in this day and age, so many people buy gift cards, that I'll be able to get what I need. I'm most worried about getting a bunch of "cute" or "fun" stuff, and none of the things I really need. Hopefully my friends will come through for me! :-)

No comments: