This weekend our lab mix, Jake, has been acting really strange around me. He seems particularly clingy, always following me around. When I sit down somewhere, he lays down right by me, often sleeping on my feet. John and I started to ponder whether he could tell that something is happening with me. I googled it, and found some interesting information. Although there has not been any official study done, many people believe that dogs can sense the changes in your body, hormones, and possibly even sense the baby's heartbeat and movement. I have imagined how our dogs will react to the baby, and I have always thought Jake would be the "protector." He's always very alert, and protective of our household, and I imagine he will be the same way with his baby "sister."
Although it's very sweet of him to want to be right next to me, it gets annoying when I'm trying to do things like clean house or cook dinner. I think he definitely knows something is "up" and it will be interesting to see what happens in the next few months, especially after we bring her home from the hospital!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment