As the evening went on, it was bothering me more and more. I was having a lot of drainage, and it was really watery, and was starting to hurt. It started looking more and more swollen, to the point where I was having a hard time keeping it open. The light was really bothering it. John finally said that I really couldn't go to work the next day. I knew he was probably right, but it caused me immediate stress. I hate taking an unplanned day off, and having to put responsibilities on my co-workers. I talked to my friend Jackie, and emailed a sub plan to her, but she still had to get some things out for my kids to work on. I work with some really great ladies, and we work very well together, but I hate having to put extra work on someone.
John decided to call in sick for the day, too, because he didn't want me having to drive to the store or anything. It turned out to be a good thing, because by the next morning, my eye was so swollen I couldn't even open it. I can't remember the last time I had pink eye, but I'm pretty sure I was a kid myself. I really don't remember it being so bad, either. I figured I picked it up from one of my kids, but none of them were out with it before or after I got sick, so I have no idea how it happened. I had a little bit of a cold a few days before the pink eye hit, so I don't know if it stemmed from that or what. I called my doctor's office as soon as they opened, and they called in some eye drops for me. Even the pharmacist gave me a pitiful look and a "you poor thing" when we went to pick them up. As I figured, during the day, it spread to my other eye, too. The eye drops certainly helped them feel better, though.
Unfortunately, our class pictures were today, and although I was better, I wasn't that much better. I wasn't at all able to put any eye make-up on, and my eyes were still really red and watery. By lunch time, both of my assistant principals told me I needed to go home and rest. I think they were both more concerned about me being pregnant and so sick, than me passing something to someone else. So, I left and came home and slept for 3 hours. Hopefully I will get over this crud soon!

This was my eye Monday night
This was Tuesday morning after I woke up


No comments:
Post a Comment