Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Dr. Visit With Gran

After one of my Dr. appointments, I mentioned to my mom that she should come with me sometime, just because the ultrasounds are so fascinating. She was going to try and come to my December appointment, but that didn't work out. So, she and my stepdad decided to come down for my January appointment. They came down on the 2nd. I had to work, but John and Kassie were both off. We had dinner and visited on Monday evening. Tuesday was back to routine for all of us. My mom and Bob ventured into downtown Houston to eat lunch with John and go check out one of the museums. The planetarium wasn't showing the movie they wanted to see, so they made their way back to the tunnel system where John works. I got home from work about the same time that they got back here. My mom offered to take me shopping for some new clothes. I don't even have words to say how appreciative I was of that gesture. I got a bunch of new shirts, and a couple of pairs of pants. It is quite a relief to have more clothes in my closet to choose from. John and Bob met up with us for some really yummy Mexican food for dinner.

On Wednesday, I had my Dr. appointment. I took a half day at school and came home for a late lunch with my mom and Bob. John also took off early, so we could all go to the doctor together. I had to wait a lot longer than usual, so I felt bad that we were all just sitting around for so long. Our little girl put on a show for her Gran, though. In addition to having fun watching her on the screen, I always enjoy watching John's face as he's watching the baby. It was doubly fun to have John and my mom there to watch her. She was very active in there, moving all over the place. She still seems to be camera shy, though, and the tech couldn't get very good pictures of her. He did print some 4-D pictures for me this time, though, so that was cool. So far, all of her growth is right on target. As of right now, she has a very long femur in comparison to the rest of her measurements. They estimated her weight around a pound and a half.



Our baby girl at 23 weeks

23 Weeks, 5 Days


No comments: