Saturday, August 11, 2012
4 Months of Kinley
Another month has gone by, and I can hardly believe it!! Kinley is 4 months old, and more fun than ever. I think I will always miss those first few newborn weeks (not the sleep deprivation, though). I love the little bitty sweet baby that just sleeps in your arms. I remember staring at that peaceful little face for hours. She is getting to be so much fun now, though, because she interacts so much with us. I have always felt like Kinley is a very happy, easy-to-care-for baby, and this has been confirmed by quite a few of my friends. She usually only fusses when she's hungry or tired. She rarely cries any other time. She is just so happy to look at everything going on around her.
Here are some highlights of Kinley at 4 months:
** She is still wearing 0-3 month clothes. She can still fit in a few newborn things, but I have taken them all out of her dresser and closet so I can put them all away in the attic. She has a couple of 3-6 month things that she can wear, even though they're pretty big on her.
** She is wearing Size 1 diapers, and I don't imagine this will change any time soon. They still come up past her belly button and the tabs almost overlap in the middle.
** She is eating 6 ounces, 5 times a day. She's such an easy baby that a good schedule just naturally evolved with her, and it's about the same every day. I was worried at 3 months that we weren't on a regular schedule yet, but it has just fallen into place really nicely.
** She sleeps 8-9 hours overnight now. We usually put her down between 9:30 and 10:30 and she sleeps until 7:00 pretty consistently. Sometimes she wakes up fussing between 5:00 and 6:00 and we just go in and put her pacifier back in her mouth and she goes right back to sleep.
** She still takes a nap between all of her feedings. Some of her naps are short - only about 45 minutes. Every once in a while she will stay awake from one feeding to the next, but by the time she eats, she can barely keep her eyes open.
** She has become quite the "talker." She loves to babble, and recently has discovered she can make this high pitched squealing noise. Some of her talking has become quite loud lately, and I just recently read that this usually happens around 4 months.
** She regularly giggles at things now, and it is so much fun to watch! John and I both love making her laugh. It's the best sound in the world!
** She's still not rolling over, but she is much better at tummy time. Sometimes she will play on her tummy for up to 20 minutes before she wants a change. She scoots around a lot when she's on her tummy. She just really doesn't seem interested in even trying to roll over, so we'll see when she decides to do that.
** She holds her head up very well now when sitting up on our laps or in the bumbo.
** She bears weight on her legs very well. She can stand in our laps for quite a long time before she gets tired. I need to get the exersaucer down from the attic, but I'm pretty sure she will still be too short for it.
** She loves to interact with people. We haven't found anyone yet who can't make her smile. She is just so happy all the time!
** She is starting to grasp things, but her hands are still really small, so we don't have many toys that she can actually hold.
** She already loves books! We haven't been too consistent yet, but we're getting there with reading to her at bedtime every night. She actually has quite a good attention span and really looks at the books.
I still can't believe how much I adore her! I have always known I wanted to be a mom, but I love it so much more than I ever imagined I would! Kinley is just such a huge blessing in our lives, and I tell John all the time how lucky we are to have her. God must love us a lot to give us such a precious gift!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment