As of this past Monday, I am back on contract at school. Last week was just working up at school on my own time, getting my room ready. Monday I officially started back, and I was a little emotional again. I knew I wouldn't be coming home for lunch, or just going to work for a couple of hours and coming right back. It was real this time. As the week went on, I was busier and busier. On one hand, it helped, because it took my mind off of leaving Kinley at home. On the other hand, when I got home in the afternoons, I realized how much I missed her during the day!
This week, I got up every morning and took my shower and ate breakfast, and then I would get Kinley up and feed her and then finish getting ready. I know when school starts, I will need to be there earlier, at least in the beginning. So, I'm not sure how well that will all work. I know I will need to be up earlier, so I might try to almost completely get ready so I can still feed her before I leave. I like having at least a little bit of time with her in the morning before I go.
When I have gotten home in the afternoons, she has been so squealy and giggly when she sees me. It makes me feel like she is genuinely happy to see me, and that melts my heart. Right now, John is staying home with her (even though he's going stir-crazy) and I like that they are really getting a chance to bond together. I spent so much time with her when she was younger, so I'm glad she and John are developing a good relationship. She is really intrigued by her daddy these days!
One of the girls on my team, Nikki, has a 6 month old baby. Her little girl was born at the end of January, and she had to go back to work when she was 7 weeks old. After having the whole summer with her, though, she's having a hard time leaving her little girl, too. It's nice, because we have so many things in common that we have quickly become friends. We also can go to each other for support when we're feeling down about our baby. God really does answer prayers, in more ways that I even knew to ask for. It has really helped to have Nikki to talk with.
I know Kinley will be just fine without me during the days. It's definitely me that's having a hard time with it. I have learned to really cherish my evenings and weekends with her, though. School starts this coming Monday, and I know my days will be so busy that I will be back home every afternoon before I know it. Even though I would love to stay with Kinley all the time, I am thankful to have a job that allows me a lot of time off to spend with her, and now I get to work so close to home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment