Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 11, 2012

7 Months of Kinley


The time with this sweet girl is definitely just flying by!!  She is just so much fun.  I know we enjoyed our time before she came along, but she just brings a whole new aspect to our lives!  She really has such a cute little personality.  She is very easy-going, and is almost always content with anything we put in front of her.  She rarely fusses about anything, and she is a GREAT sleeper!

My only "complaint" really is that we are having a harder time feeding her from a bottle lately.  Sometimes, she will take her bottle just fine, and other times, it is a constant battle to try and get some formula "down the pipe."  As she has been eating more foods, she is just less and less interested in her bottle.  I know this will be a good thing later on, because weaning her from the bottle will likely be easier, but right now she still needs it.  I have been talking to my good friend Nikki from work, and trying to figure out a new schedule.  Nikki's little girl, Jenna, is a couple of months older than Kinley, so I thought it would help to ask about their schedule.  Over the Thanksgiving break, I am going to try to start tweaking things a little bit, and making little adjustments. 

Here are our 7 month highlights:
**She is wearing 3-6 month clothes.  We have put all the 0-3 month stuff away.
**She is in size 2 diapers.  I still like Pampers the most, but we have a huge box of Huggies that I bought way before she was born, so we'll see how we like those.
**We have still been trying the 5 6 oz. bottles a day, but as I said above, it is getting harder to get that much down her.  She is more interested in food.
**We have been consistently doing 2 meals a day - breakfast is oatmeal and 1/2 container of fruit. Dinner is 1/2 a container of some type of "dinner" (chicken and apples, turkey and sweet potatoes, etc.) and 1/2 container of veggies.  Or we do oatmeal and 1/2 container of veggies.
**She is still a great sleeper.  We have phased into just 1 morning nap and 1 afternoon nap.  It is very rare for her to wake up during the night - she sleeps 9 - 10 hours at night.  We never have to do much to put her down to sleep.  We just put her in her crib and she gets her pacifier and blankie and makes herself comfortable. 
**She has started "babbling" with more distinctive sounds - it started with "ya ya ya ya" and then "ba ba ba ba".
**She got her first tooth - it finally broke through on November 7 - the bottom left, center tooth
**She is more alert than ever.  She likes to sit on the floor and play with toys.  She hasn't shown too much interest in crawling, but I'm sure it's on the horizon.
**She gets very excited when she sees either John or I.  She definitely recognizes the people she sees the most.

In the pictures today, she really just wanted to play with her toes!




 


No comments: