Thursday, November 29, 2012
Polar Express Night
Tonight, we had a really fun event at my school. About once a month, we have these "Prime Time" events. Each one has a different theme, and the kids are invited to come out and participate with their families. This one was Polar Express themed, focused on putting away the technology and having fun with books. The kids were encouraged to wear their pajamas (and we had pajama day that day at school). There were lots of teachers and staff members reading stories, and they had hot chocolate and our school choir singing out in the courtyard. I was scheduled to read a story during one session, and I thought it would be fun for John and Kinley to come with me.
Kinley wore some Christmas PJs, too, and of course she was a hit! She's such a happy baby, and just loves people, so she won over a lot of fans tonight. I read my story during the first session, and then John and I just walked around and mingled for the rest of the time. It was a really fun time, and I'm glad we went. My kids enjoyed seeing Kinley and I love being able to visit with their families.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment