This weekend, we headed out to La Vernia for Brent and Katie's wedding. I had taken Friday off from work, and so did Todd. He picked me and Kinley up and we left on Thursday night. I thought since we were traveling with a baby, it would be better to get there the day before we had a lot to do. We got out there around 10:00, and got settled in and put Kinley to bed.
Friday was pretty busy around my mom's house, since they were hosting the rehearsal dinner at their house. They had moved all of their living room furniture out into the garage, to make room for all the tables and chairs. We spent most of Friday cleaning the house, running last minute errands, and entertaining a curious baby. John had to work until 11:00, then he picked Kassie up from school and they got loaded up and on the road. They hit some traffic around Columbus, and also stopped to eat, so we knew they probably wouldn't make it to the house before we all had to leave for the rehearsal.
We got to the church for the rehearsal right on time. Rachel and I were doing the readings, so it was necessary for me to be there. John and Kassie stopped at my mom's to drop off the dogs and then headed to the church. They actually made it, only a few minutes late, and before the best man got there! Kinley was quite talkative, with her LOUD voice, during the rehearsal, so I was pretty worried about how the wedding was going to go. I really wanted John and I to be able to enjoy the wedding from our pew, not the back of the church.
After the rehearsal, everyone headed out to La Vernia for dinner. John and Andrew left a little early to go pick up the BBQ and then brought it to the house. Dinner was delicious and everyone seemed to have a good time. That week, Todd and I had worked to put together a slide show (of course last minute, because it was a project directed by my mom!!). Todd scanned the many, many pictures of Katie and Brent and I put them together with music in a slide show. I thought it turned out well, and several people complimented me, so I guess they thought so, too. A few different people gave a little "speech" and we wrapped up the night. Of course, once everyone had left, we started a game of spades. We were up a little late, though not nearly as late as we usually are when the family gets together.
Saturday was all about the wedding (in a separate post). The wedding was at 3:00, so we didn't have to rush around too much. My mom and I went and got our nails done in the morning, and then we all started getting ready. The wedding was beautiful and the reception was a lot of fun. Our first wedding with a baby - it was different, but she's so well behaved that we didn't have any problems.
Sunday, my mom and Bob also hosted brunch at their house. There were fewer people than at the rehearsal dinner, but it was a good turn out. After everyone ate, Brent and Katie opened their gifts. We hung around during the early afternoon. John had to work Monday, and so did Todd, so John and Kassie went back home with Todd. My mom and Bob took Katie and Brent back to their hotel so they didn't have to leave their car at the airport while they were on their honeymoon.
On Monday, we just bummed around the house a little bit. I had planned to leave when Kinley was ready for her afternoon nap, so that she could just sleep in the car. I stopped in Schulenberg for a drink and Kinley woke up. I was worried that she was going to start fussing, but she never did, and eventually went back to sleep. I had her and the dogs in the car with me, so I was hoping I wouldn't have to stop and feed her.
It was a busy, but fun weekend, and I still can't believe my baby brother is married now!
Here are some non-wedding pictures from the weekend:



No comments:
Post a Comment