Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas In The Woods



A few weeks ago, I got an email at school about an event going on today.  It's a place called 7 Acre Wood in Conroe.  Every year, they have this event called "Christmas In The Woods."  On that day, admission is free, and they have all kinds of vendor booths set up to look at.  I didn't know that there would really be much for Kinley to do, but since it was free, I figured it might be fun to just get out and do something different.  They advertised that you could take pictures with Santa, and I thought that would surely be cheaper than the mall.  It is the first of December, but it was very warm, so I had to scrap the outfit I had planned for Kinley.  It seemed funny that we were going to a Christmas activity wearing shorts!

We got there and walked through some of the booths that were set up.  It was a lot of kid stuff, of course.  Santa was right at the front, and there were only 2 kids in line, so we decided to do that.  It was $2 if you wanted to take your own picture.  We decided to just do that.  Kinley was pretty fascinated by his beard!  I was glad that we were able to get that out of the way, but the more I thought about it later, I wished he was a more "authentic" looking Santa.


There were a few different kid play areas, but Kinley was really too small to do anything.  There were some baby swings on the swing set, so we tried out one of those.  She LOVED it!  So we let her swing for a while.




We walked around the whole place.  There were fun things for kids to play on, so I can imagine in a couple more years she would really have a good time.  They had a petting zoo area with llamas, goats, chickens, pigs and a couple of mini ponies.  We took her out of the stroller and walked around in there with the animals.  The llamas were hilarious, and Kinley thought so, too!












 
After that, we still had a couple of tickets left, so we went to the face painting booth.  She wouldn't really sit still, and was mad that I was holding her head still, so we just managed to get a small candy cane on her face.  It was still cute.
 


After that, we went to swing one more time and then decided to head out.  It was a good time, even though it was pretty warm.  I look forward to doing even more things like this as a family as Kinley gets older and is able to do more.


No comments: