This year, we had to do our Christmas with my family a little after the fact. We have known that as families continue to grow, it would get harder for us to get together on Christmas. This year, it worked out for everyone to get together the weekend after Christmas. I'm thankful that we were all able to get together, even if it was a little later. Todd, Kinley and I headed out to La Vernia on the 26th. I'm glad we got to spend several days out there with my mom. She sure misses Kinley during these long spurts of not seeing her! John and Kassie came out on Friday afternoon. Katie and Brent had gotten a new game for Christmas, and we had lots of fun learning and playing that. My family LOVES games, so it is very rare for us to not play games when we all get together. This one is called Perpetual Commotion, and it was fun.
Saturday the 29th was our official "Christmas." Andrew came out and Cory, Rachel and Emily came out for the day. We had turkey and dressing and all the goodies that go with that. Then, we opened gifts. Of course the little girls were the center of attention. It really seems like yesterday when we were celebrating Christmas last year, and imagining what it would be like with a baby this year. It was fun. Kinley got lots of fun things.
After we opened gifts and cleaned up all that mess, we just spent the rest of the day watching football, playing games and playing with new things. It was a lot of fun. I love my family, and I'm glad we have such good times together!
Gran gave Kinley a candy cane!
Kinley with her stocking
Opening her first gift
A new book - I love her little hands in this picture
Another new book
Kinley and Uncle Cory
Riding Emily's new horse named Scarlet



No comments:
Post a Comment