Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Some Ear Bling-Bling

We have done something I never thought I would agree to!  My opinion on earrings has always been that I would pierce my daughter's ears if and when she asked for it.  I never, in a million years, thought I would pierce my baby's ears.  John had a completely different opinion than I did.  Both Kassie and Kaitie had their ears pierced around 6 months, and his opinion was that it's better to do it when they're young and can't remember anything.  When we were at the mall last night, we stopped in at Claire's to look for something for Kassie.  John started asking questions about piercing.  I have to admit I was slightly curious, but I was not going to get them pierced at Claire's.  So, I started texting my friend Nikki to see where she got her daughter's done.  She told me they got it done at their pediatrician's office, but she knew a lot of people who had used this Merle Norman boutique that is by us.  So, this morning, John went over there when they opened and talked to the lady.  She was having a 1/2 off piercing sale for this weekend.  I was still pretty reluctant, but I agreed to it.  I told John he was going to have to hold Kinley, because I refused to do that.  I felt like I was torturing our poor baby for nothing.  The lady was super nice, and is a certified ear piercer.  She said she actually prefers to do babies.  She said that when she gets little 4 or 5 year old girls in there, she gets the first ear done, and they throw a fit and it's really hard to get the other ear done.

So, we decided to do it, and chose the white gold earrings, because they have less of a likelihood of allergies.  The lady was pretty picky about marking the spots on her ears to get it just right.  I figure it matters more now, since she's such a baldy, but I wanted it to be right, also.  John sat in the chair and held her down, while I winced and held her hand.  Kinley was already fussing because she didn't like her head being held down, but as soon as she got that earring through, she screamed.  I felt awful and had to walk away.  John kept holding her and they quickly got the other ear done.  I still think they're not quite even, but I'm sure in time it will be hard to even notice.  And other people probably don't even notice at all.  She only cried for a couple of minutes, but I still felt like the worst mom in the world.  I also knew that I would have to be the one to clean them, and that was going to hurt for a few days.  Daddys don't think about that kind of stuff, because they're not usually the ones that have to do it!

We brought her home, and I do have to admit she looks pretty cute.  I tried to get some pictures, but it was kind of hard.  Our baby is all "blinged" out now!



No comments: