Saturday, June 8, 2013
First Summer Trip
Summer of 2013 has officially started for me! We usually don't have school so far into June, but that's the way the calendar worked this year. It's nice to have another year in the books. I had a really great class this year, and I am sad to see this group of kids move on. There are some kids that I am truly going to miss seeing and teaching next year.
I am, however, very ready to start this summer! I am so excited about the time I will get to spend with my little ray of sunshine! Last summer, I was still figuring out the mommy thing, and figuring out how to function on less than ideal amounts of sleep. I loved having day after day to cuddle my sweet little baby, but this summer will be fun in a different way. It will be more work, too, because Kinley is slowly learning to get into everything. I feel very blessed that I have a career that allows me to spend so much time at home with my daughter. Sometimes I struggle with working mom guilt, but I feel very fortunate that I get the amount of time with her that I do, especially during the summer.
We had planned (and bought tickets) for Kinley and I to head out to La Vernia this coming Wednesday, to spend some time out there. My plan was to get my major whole-house cleaning project done before we left. Last night, though, my mom said we should just pack up and head out there. After John and I talked it over for a little bit, we decided to just change the tickets. It was still pretty cheap, though not the $1 each that we paid for the Wednesday tickets.
So, Kinley and I took the evening bus and Gran met us in downtown San Antonio. The plan is for John to come out with the dogs on Tuesday, and we will spend the rest of the week out here and stay for Father's Day. I am excited to finally have some time off to relax and just spend time with family. I have a few workshops I have to do this summer, but other than that, there are no concrete plans, and it feels great!
Happy Summer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment