Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Kinley's First Beach Trip

The only family picture we managed to get - with a sleeping baby
 
 
When I was growing up, my family took a trip to the beach just about every summer.  I have always loved the beach, and it is something I have wanted to keep going with my own family.  We are trying to make plans for a big family beach trip later in the summer for my mom's 60th birthday, but for right now, we just made a day trip.
 
John came to La Vernia yesterday.  My mom and Bob live close enough to Corpus Christi that you can make a day trip out of it.  We got a pretty early start.  We got up and packed up a picnic, and all the beach essentials and headed out.  Kinley slept a little on the way there.  We realized we forgot the bread and chips, so we had to make a pit stop.  That's when Kinley woke up, and she never went back to sleep, even though she could have used it.
 
We decided to go to Mustang Island State Park, because they have showers you can use.  It was already pretty much lunch time, so we sat down and ate our lunch first.  Once we had eaten, we ventured out to the water.  It was pretty windy that day, and the waves were pretty rough.  Kinley wasn't quite sure what to think, and got a face full of water a few different times.
 









We tried sitting and just letting the water barely come up to us.  She didn't mind the water too much, but was not a fan of the sand.  After that, we tried taking her out in her float.  It was really hard because of the wind, and she got a bunch of water in her face that way, too.


After a while, I knew that Kinley was getting really tired, so we went back up to the table.  My mom and Bob went to sit in the water for a little bit, and I just sat in a chair and held Kinley.  She fell asleep after a few minutes, so I decided to just hold her while she napped.  My mom and Bob came back after a jellyfish scare and my mom and John fed the rest of our bread to the seagulls.













Gran offered to hold Kinley while she slept, so John and I could go out and enjoy the water.  John and I like to get out past where the waves are breaking and just float along and "jump" the waves.  It was hard to find a good spot today, because the water was pretty rough, and there was an undertow.  We finally found a good place, and stayed out for almost an hour.  Kinley was awake by then, and we went up to get her and take her out one more time.







After that, we all went up to shower and get clean clothes on.  That was quite an adventure.  I have never tried to bathe Kinley in a shower before (especially without wanting her to stand on the floor).  It was something I don't think she or I want to try again soon!

Once we were all cleaned off, we set out to get some seafood.  We decided to try Snoopy's.  It was DELICIOUS!  We all thoroughly enjoyed our meal, then headed back to La Vernia.  It was a really fun day, and I'm quite sure we will all get a good night's sleep!!





No comments: