Today was Father's Day, and we had a great day! We got up and went to church in the morning. We had been up late the night before, so we were looking forward to a nap after church. We got home and ate some sandwiches for a light lunch, and then we all took a little nap. Andrew had wanted to take Bob out for Father's Day. Instead of going all the way to Austin, we decided to meet in New Braunfels. Bob decided he wanted Olive Garden, so we headed there for an early dinner. Cory, Rachel, Emily and Brent also met us. The service was VERY slow, so it took us quite a while to eat. I was surprised at how well Kinley did sitting in a high chair that long. She never really got fussy until the end, and we were there almost 2 hours.
Once we were all stuffed, we headed back to my mom's house. We sat around visiting for the rest of the evening, and made plans for Monday. The frame we made for John wasn't ready to be picked up until Monday, so we needed to go get it.
Bob and John wanted to see the new Superman movie, and I wanted to go shop at the Carter's clearance sale. All of these places were in the same general area, so we headed out Monday morning. We dropped John and Bob off at the movie theater. Then we went to Wal-Mart so I could print a picture for John's frame. After that, we went to the Carter's store to shop a little bit. When we were finished there, we went to pick up the picture frame. The pottery place was right across the street from the movie theater. Kinley fell asleep in the car, so we found a shady spot to park and just sat and waited for their movie to finish. After we picked up Bob and John, we decided to go eat lunch. We decided on Alamo Café, which my friends and I loved in college, but I hadn't eaten at since then. My mom and Bob had never been. It was just as delicious as I remember! We had a great lunch, and then headed back so we could get packed up to go home.
We had a really great week in La Vernia! I'm glad we were able to spend this time out there as a family.
Our sweet girl was so tired by the time we got home!








No comments:
Post a Comment