Today we took Kinley for her 6 month check-up. These were the stats this time:
Length - 26 inches (62%)
Weight - 15 pounds, 1 ounce (32%)
Head circumference - 16.25 inches (19%)
All of her percentages have increased since her 4 month check-up. She's still well within normal limits, but her growth was on a little steeper curve this time than the recommended curve. She obviously is not too big, or anything like that, so Dr. Flanagan is not concerned. The only milestone they asked about that she hasn't mastered is rolling over both ways. She rolls front to back easily, but hasn't even looked like she's interested in going the other way. He talked to us about it, but in watching her, and holding her himself, he said she's obviously not delayed in any way. She has great muscle tone and bears weight easily. He watched her on her stomach and her back, and stood her up. She just hasn't mastered that particular skill, but she is perfectly healthy.
I had a few questions for him this time. I told him how she doesn't like cereal. A bunch of my friends have told me not to even worry about cereal, but Dr. Flanagan said he would like us to try and find one that she will eat. I'm still not convinced that it's crucial for her to maintain her health, but I am going to try some oatmeal and see if that goes over any better. I'm starting to think it's the different textures that she doesn't like. I have some aversions to some different foods because of the textures, so maybe she's a little bit like mommy. We will keep trying, though.
Again, Dr. Flanagan commented on how happy she is and how much she interacts with anyone she sees. He said she looks great! He recommended getting her flu shot, even though she was already getting 3 other injections (and an oral vaccination). We decided to go ahead and do it, since we were already there. So, poor baby got the oral vaccine and then 2 shots in each leg. :-( I hate hearing her scream when she gets poked. It breaks my heart!!
We are on schedule to see Dr. Flanagan again in January for her 9 month check-up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment