Cory took off early that day and headed down here after he picked Emily up. They got here just as Kinley was finishing her 5:30 bottle. Emily came in and made herself right at home playing with baby Kinley (her favorite baby). I got started on dinner for us and we just sat around visiting. While dinner was in the oven, Emily helped me make Saturday's breakfast - blueberry "puppycake" (coffee cake). When I asked Emily if she wanted to help me make the coffee cake, apparently she heard "puppy cake" so that's what she called it all weekend. Kinley was due for a bath that night, so we put the cousins in the bath together. It was a little crowded for Emily, but she didn't seem to mind. I'm sure there will be more baths like this in the future.
After baths, Kinley had her last bottle and it was time for bed. Emily wanted to hear stories with Kinley, so she found herself a spot. Earlier in the day, she discovered some of Kinley's books, that used to be hers, and thought it was funny that she had those books "for I was a baby."
Saturday morning, we all got up and got dressed in our Bevo clothes to cheer on UT vs. OU. Uncle Todd was coming over to watch the game with us, but he overslept. So, we decided to start recording the game and wait for him to watch it. Emily even let me french braid her hair. Then I braided mine to match her. So, we had some Saturday morning story time and play time.
On Sunday, we got up and after waiting out the rain showers, went to the pumpkin patch (separate post). Then we stopped at O'Donald's (McDonald's) to have some lunch and let Emily play. When we got back to the house, Cory started getting their car loaded up so they could head back. I know these little weekend trips are a lot of work, but it sure is fun to get together, especially now with the girls. We will get to see them some more in about a month for Brent and Katie's wedding.



1 comment:
I love this post. Do you mind if I link to it from my blog? You got some great pictures from the weekend. Can't wait to see you guys in a few more weeks!
Post a Comment