Then, we fed her and got her dressed in her zebra costume. I put her out in the grass in front with our big candy bowl. She had never been in the grass before, so she was feeling that out, along with digging into the candy bowl. She just looked too cute sitting out there. A few different people who stopped by with their kids asked if they could take a picture of her. We, of course, think she's adorable, but I guess other people do, too.
We sat out front for a while, and Kinley started getting a little fussy. I knew she was getting tired, but I didn't want her to miss all the Halloween fun. We were giving out a variety of candy, and Kit Kats were one of the things we had. There were some that were covered in white chocolate that was dyed orange. I decided it wouldn't hurt her too badly - those are just cookie wafers covered in chocolate. So, I broke one in half and gave her one "stick" to eat. She was unsure at first, but then devoured it. She even chewed on my fingers, which had chocolate on them from catching her gooey pieces. She definitely loved it!! I won't make a habit of giving my infant chocolate, but I just wanted to see what she would do.
After that, I took her inside to put her down for a little nap. On a side note, we are trying to cut out that evening nap, but if she doesn't have a good afternoon nap, she just can't do it yet. Some nights we can keep her occupied enough that she doesn't get too fussy. Tonight wasn't one of those nights, though. Our babysitter had her out in the afternoon, so I don't think she had a great afternoon nap. Shortly after I came back downstairs, we ran out of candy, anyway, so we brought everything inside. I do have to say that I knew several people with stories of kids ringing their doorbells late, long after they had turned out their lights. I was impressed that once we came in and turned out the porch light, we didn't have 1 knock on the door.
We enjoyed Kinley's first Halloween, and I imagine it will only get to be more fun as the years go on!




No comments:
Post a Comment