Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween Party



Today, we went to a little Halloween party with Kinley.  Nidia, a friend of mine that I taught with at my former school, was having a Halloween party for kids 2 and under.  Nidia and I were pregnant at the same time, and due only 3 days apart.  Her little boy, Isaac, was born 6 weeks early, so he's almost a month older than Kinley.

Thankfully that cold front blew through, so Kinley wasn't sweating to death in her costume!  We were running late, but we ended up being the first people there.  I guess that's how it goes with babies!!  I had fun visiting with people I used to teach with, and we met some new people as well.  There were 3 babies and a 2 year-old.  It was fun, but impossible to get any pictures with them all looking!!  They all looked so cute, though.  It was fun to watch the babies "discover" each other.  Isaac and Kinley were super cute with each other.  They looked so puzzled to see someone else their size.  It was precious!  Nidia had every adult that was there vote (by secret ballot) for their favorite costume and Kinley won!  She got a $20 gift card to Wal-Mart, which we used toward a portable high chair for her.
 
We had fun talking "baby talk" with some other parents and just getting out to do something different.  Sometimes we just get stuck in our typical weekend routine, and it was nice to do something different.  I'm sure as Kinley continues to grow up, we will find more and more things that she can enjoy doing.

Our super cute zebra

"Hey, you're in my space."

"Well, now that you're here, let me check you out."

"Hi mom"

"I see my toes!"

"See, here they are."

"Oooohh, you have toes, too!  Can I eat them?"

Happy zebra!

Side view of the costume

So cute!

Back of the costume

Kinley really loved Olivia's (Minnie Mouse) skirt!

Such a cute Minnie Mouse!

Just chillin'

Olivia liked the "pink baby"

Attempting to get a picture with all 4

Isaac kept pulling Kinley's mane

I love this pose
 
Isaac giving Kinley her prize for winning the costume contest

Kinley opening her prize
 

1 comment:

Wegner Family said...

These pictures and captions were cracking me up! Such cute babies. ~Aunt Rachel