Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Kinley's 1st Jack-O-Lantern

After church today, we came home and ate lunch while Kinley took a nap.  After she woke up, we spent some time carving our jack-o-latern for Halloween.  We haven't carved a pumpkin the last few years, but it's something I definitely wanted to do now that we have a baby. 

We covered the table with a plastic dropcloth, and Kinley was definitely most interested in that almost the whole time.  She loves crinkly sounds, so she kept grabbing at the plastic most of the time.  I drew the face on (nothing very complicated) and then John cut the top off.  We scooped all the guts out and then took some pictures.  We tried to get Kinley's hands a little dirty, feeling it all out.  She wasn't very interested, but didn't seem to mind, either.  We took some pictures and then I carved the face.

I imagine next year will be even more fun!















 

No comments: