Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Weekend In La Vernia

On Friday evening, Todd came by to pick up me and Kinley and we headed out to La Vernia for the weekend.  Kassie had band contest on Saturday, so John had to stay behind with her.  I didn't really want to make the trip by myself with Kinley, so I asked Todd if he felt up to the trip, and he was willing to go along.  We didn't leave our house until almost 7:00, so we knew we would be arriving pretty late.  My mom keeps Emily on Fridays, and just had her stay to spend the night since Rachel would be coming out for the shower on Saturday anyway.  By the time we were headed out, my mom said Emily had only asked about a million times if baby Kinley was there yet!  Kinley slept the whole trip, which is what I was hoping she would do.  We got there about 10:00 Friday night, and Emily was still going strong.  Kinley had to have her last bottle when we got there (almost 2 hours later than she normally eats for the last time).  It took a little while to get Emily settled down, and it was almost midnight before she finally went to sleep.  Kinley wasn't up quite that late, but definitely later than normal.

Gran trying to get Emily settled down, but she wanted a snack

I got a cute shot of the 2 girls
 
 
Saturday, Kinley slept until 8:15!  It was nice, since we had been up so late the night before.  We spent most of the morning getting things ready for the shower that afternoon.  Luckily Emily took a nap that morning for about an hour and a half.  Kinley slept like she usually does.  We headed to the church about an hour before the shower started.  I had already gotten Kinley ready, but she was sleeping, so I left Brent in charge of getting her up, changing her diaper and bringing her to church.  Katie thought I was crazy to leave him in charge, but I said he needed to learn at some point!
 
After the shower, we went back to the house.  Bob had gotten an offer to go to Austin and watch the game in person with a member of their church who had an extra ticket.  Scott had come out earlier in the day, and Cory came out after work, and all of Katie's family came over.  We grilled hamburgers and hot dogs and watched the game.
 
In true Wegner fashion, I stayed up until 3:30 a.m. playing cards with Cory, Todd and Brent. 
 
Me with my sweet girl

We got a smile
 
 
Even though we were up really late, I got up when Kinley was ready to eat (luckily she slept until 8:15 again) and started getting ready for church.  I went to church with my mom.  We were trying to plan our leaving around Kinley eating again.  We decided to head to Seguin for a late lunch and then Todd and I would leave from there.  Kinley ate while we were waiting for our food, and then just chilled while we all ate.  I love that she's so good for us!  We headed out after lunch, and Kinley slept the whole way back, just like I hoped she would.
 
Snuggling with my sweet girl before church
 
Gran feeding Kinley her dinner
 
It was a busy weekend, but fun to spend it with my family.  I was sad John couldn't go, and definitely missed him, but I had a great time.  Kinley was of course a hit, and everyone loved interacting with her.  She's just a fun baby to be around!


No comments: